Friday, August 5, 2011

Sorry!!!

     I have been internet deprived for three days. I am sorry for the lack of new posts during that time. In this part of Florida internet service often gets interrupted by storms. The good news is, I think we have solved the problem--at least for us. Hopefully, we will not have this problem again.
     I would like to take this opportunity to invite anyone in Highlands County, Florida to visit Bethel Baptist Church in Lake Placid. We are going to begin a week of revival services Aug. 14 going thru the 19th. Church on Sunday morning begins at 11:00. Sunday evening starts at 6:00. All other nights start at 6:30. We are friendly, no gossip, no cliques. We have a nursery and Sunday school for all ages. Come check us out.
     There is so much I want to share about God's greatness and how much He loves each and every one of us. It breaks my heart that so  many people are miserable and feel so helpless and hopeless. They don't believe they are good enough to go to church. They don't believe they are good enough for God. The truth is none of us is good enough. Mother Teresa wasn't good enough, even with all of the good she did. Jesus did not come to save the righteous and good. He came to save those who knew they could not save themselves. He came for the poor, the helpless, the hopeless, those whose only hope would rest in Him. When you hit the bottom, just look up. He'll be there with open arms waiting for you. All the bad things that happen in life are just Satan's way of keeping you from reaching out. God wants to use those things to show you how much you need Him. He wants to use those things to show you how great His love, mercy and compassion is, how far it reaches. God is for you; Satan is against you. Most of us are our own worst enemies. I hated myself and tried to commit suicide even as a child. I was unable to like myself or place any value on myself until I found out that God loved me and created me for a purpose. God is no respecter of persons. He will not turn anyone away who truly seeks Him. The choice is up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment