Friday, March 15, 2013

Why Do I Write This Blog?

Because I see all the hurt in the world and I want to do something about it.
Because I know that God is the only source of comfort and peace.
Because I know God has all the answers, and by His grace, He allows me to share what He has taught me to others.

Because bullying is so much worse today than it was when I was growing up. I was bullied, too.
Because life is too short, and precious, to spend it being miserable.
Because life, and its problems, are common human experiences. I have been through some of the same things as you.

Because I know what it's like to be a military wife with small children, and not be able to be with your husband.

Because I know what it's like to lose your parents and siblings in death.
Because I know what it feels like to be alone, and to feel as if no one cares.
I know what it's like to despise yourself and feel like crawling into a hole and never come out again.

I have felt as if I was the biggest, ugliest, dumbest person in the world.
I have felt that the world would be a better place without me.
I have felt despair, rejection, self-loathing, suicidal.
I have been so angry I wanted to hurt someone.
I have felt that my only purpose in life was to be the brunt of a joke.
I have felt that my only purpose in life was to fight with a stupid computer, and too dumb to do anything about it.

I have been disappointed in my children.
I have felt invisible to the rest of my family.
I have felt as if I am just an appendage to my in-laws.

I understand so many of the things you go through (of course not all of them). But the good news is—God never left me there. When the rest of the world (and, on rare occasions, my husband) seems to be against me, I read Romans chapter 8 in the Bible and I know God is for me. He became my heavenly Father the day I repented of my sin and asked Him to be my Lord and Savior. I asked Him to make me a new person and He did. Oh, I'm not perfect, and never will be in this life, but THANK YOU, JESUS! I'm not what I used to be. He saved my marriage and made it better than either of us ever thought possible. He taught me to like myself. He took away my rage and gave me His peace. He sent His Holy Spirit to live in my heart to help me change and be more like Him. He'll do the same for you if you ask Him. Please let me know how you are doing. You can just use your initials or a screen name. You don't have to give me any personal information you don't want to. I'm not here to steal any information. I don't want any personal information that would cause you problems. I just want to know you've been helped. Or tell me you think I'm crazy. It is still a free country. I will never share anything you say with anyone else. I have a facebook page but it is strictly for public information from me. I chat privately with close friends and relatives. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment