Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Every Good Relationship Begins With God

If this sounds pious, I don't mean for it to. It is simply a statement of fact. Even if you have good relationships with others, yet do not have a good relationship with God, it is still He who has put His goodness into those relationships. James 1:17-- Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning.

Good relationships require love, compassion, patience, understanding, honesty, trust, and forgiveness. All of these traits are part of the fruit of the Holy Spirit. The part I want to focus on is honesty. Many people today go to church, listen to a lot of hyped up, feel-good music, hear a little bit of preaching about a one-dimensional god whose only character trait is goodness, and go home to a battle ground.

There are many church-going people whose lives are filled with strife. It is possible that some of that strife comes from demonic or satanic interference, but mostly it's because they have a good dose of churchianity, not Christianity. The Robert Schullers of this world who only preach on God's love are hurting their listeners. They are doing a grave disservice because they are not preaching the truth. Jesus said, "You will know the truth, and the truth will set you free." It is the entire counsel of God that teaches us how to respond to unkindness, bullying, hurt feelings, and more. It is the full counsel of God's word that teaches us how to have peace.

If your God is only a god of love, it's the wrong god. That's god's name is eros (I refuse to capitalize an imposter's name) and his ways lead to depravity, grief, sorrow, disease, and hell. The following scripture passage tells us we need to hear truth: the truth in God's word.
Joh 16:7  Nevertheless I tell you the truth; It is expedient for you that I go away: for if I go not away, the Comforter will not come unto you; but if I depart, I will send him unto you.
Joh 16:8  And when he is come, he will reprove the world of sin, and of righteousness, and of judgment:
Joh 16:9  Of sin, because they believe not on me;
Joh 16:10  Of righteousness, because I go to my Father, and ye see me no more;
Joh 16:11  Of judgment, because the prince of this world is judged.
Joh 16:12  I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
Joh 16:13  Howbeit when he, the Spirit of truth, is come, he will guide you into all truth: for he shall not speak of himself; but whatsoever he shall hear, that shall he speak: and he will shew you things to come.
Joh 16:14  He shall glorify me: for he shall receive of mine, and shall shew it unto you.

If you had cancer, lupus, thyroid disease, heart disease, etc., wouldn't you want the doctor to tell you the truth? How would you make your final arrangements, set the hearts of your loved ones at peace, seek proper medical attention, if you had not been told the truth? If we want peace, love, joy, goodness, comfort, strength, etc., wouldn't it be wise to seek God's truth? Please contact me, e-mail, leave a message or comment to let me know what you think. I'm not interested in bragging rights; I just want to know you're being helped—or that you think I've totally lost my mind. All comments are welcome as long as they don't contain cursing for vulgarity. God bless.

P.S. Please pray for my father-in-law. He is 90 years old and is very weak right now. We are hoping physical therapy will help him. His name is Wilbur.


No comments:

Post a Comment