Friday, December 14, 2012

Shooting at Sandy Hook Elementary School

The news today is unbelievably horrible. A young man at the age of 20 went to a local elementary school in Newtown, CT shot and killed 20 children and 6 adults. I cannot imagine the horror those people felt, nor the grief the families are experiencing tonight. Though I live in a state far from the event, still I feel the grief.  I am broken-hearted that anyone would have to go through such a nightmare.
     At times like this it seems an automatic response to blame God. I want you to know that it was not God who did this, but Satan, God's arch enemy. Satan has been a murderer from the beginning when he had Cain kill his brother, Abel, out of jealousy. Throughout history Satan has been killing children. Many ancient cultures would throw their children into the fire as an offering to their pagan gods. King Herod ordered all baby boys 2 years old and under killed when he found out Jesus Christ had been born. He knew the prophecy that said Jesus would be the King of the Jews and Herod didn't want that to happen.
     So in your grief, please lay the blame where it belongs. Satan will always have people to do his bidding. Most of the time they have no idea that they are being controlled by the supreme evil being. The only way I know to get through this kind of grief is to run to God's arms, repent of your own sin (because we are all sinners), invite him to be Lord of your life and ask Him to help ou through this most difficult time. Jesus said, "Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly of heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls." He wants to comfort you and take your grief. He wants to help you through this. He's waiting with open arms. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment