Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Is Everyone a Child of God?

by Aleta Kay

          Let me start off by saying I don’t hate anyone and I don’t think I’m any better than anyone else. We are all sinners, every last one of us. There are no perfect people.
          Many people I meet believe that everyone is a child of God. We are all God’s children just trying to make it through this life. We do our best and hope the good we do outweighs the bad so we can go to heaven when this life is over. I have another friend who believes it doesn’t matter what you call God—Allah, Muhammad, Buddha, Hare Krishna, it’s all the same god, we just use a different telephone line to call him. This is what Satan wants everyone to believe. If you believe this then you don’t know the true God and you are none of His.
          The very first commandment God gave us was: “Thou shalt have no other gods before me.” What got the Hebrew people in trouble with God continually was their worship of idols and the gods of the countries around them. Some worshipped Chemosh; some worshipped Molech; Baal; Astarte; Ishtar; the list could go on for quite some time. Every time the Hebrew people (God’s chosen people) turned to idols and false gods instead of Him, they ended up being besieged by those same pagan countries, often being held as slaves, until such time as they repented and turned back to The God. It does matter who and what you serve and worship. The Bible says God is a jealous God. He has a right to be since He is the only creator.
          If everyone were a child of God there would be no need for 2 Chronicles 7:14—“If MY people, who are called by MY name, will humble themselves and pray, and seek MY face, and turn from their wicked ways, then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and will heal their land.”
          Jesus said, “My sheep hear my voice and they follow me.” He also said, “He that is not with me is against me.” It’s true that God created everyone, but only those who love Him and follow His will are His children.” Jesus told the religious leaders that had Him crucified that their father was the devil.
          I have a song on a CD that asks the question: “Who owns you?” Does God own you or does Satan own you? There is no middle ground. And if you don’t believe that Jesus is God, you don’t worship the true God because scripture plainly teaches from Genesis to revelation that He is. Jesus is the Christ, the Messiah, God incarnate, the eternal one. God bless.

No comments:

Post a Comment