Tuesday, June 14, 2011

The Courtroom

by Aleta Kay

     I was sitting next to my attorney. The courtroom was packed with so many people I couldn't count them all. There was a large screen showing a video of my life. Where had it come from? Who had recorded it? How in the world did they get it? Everything I had ever done was out in the open for the whole world to see, so it seemed.
    Nothing was hidden. The lies I had told. My temper tantrums, my rage as I hurt people I loved. There were things too embarrassing to mention yet they were right there on display. I hung my head in shame. I couldn't watch. This was total humiliation. It was like standing naked in a crowd of people who wanted to kill you.
    The bystanders began to shout out that I should be killed. I deserved to die. They were right. I was guilty. How could I please otherwise? The evidence was right there.
    TheJudge called for silence and everyone calmed down. Their turns were coming after mine. One by one we would all stand accused before this great Judge.
    When the video stopped the Judge looked right into my eyes and, knowing there was nothing I could say in my defense, pronounced me guilty, worthy of death. He said, "Your heart is desperately wicked and deceitful above all things. You must pay for your sins. I sentence you to..."
    My Attorney stood up and He seemed ten feet tall. He was robed in white splendor and wrapped suddenly in a brilliant aura. He looked at the Judge and said, "Excuse me, Your Honor. The debt has been paid in full with my blood." Then He stretched out His hands and showed the nail prints. He pointed to the scars still on His head where the thorns had pierced through. Finally, He pointed to His feet, which until then I had noticed were bare. There were the nail prints from when He hung on that cruel cross and took my punishment.
    Friend, if you don't know Jesus Christ personally as your Lord and Savior, you cannot enter the kingdom of heaven, no matter how good you think you are. If we could be good enough to get to heaven then Jesus died for nothing. Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and he life. No man comes to the Father but by me." John 14:6.
    If you don't know Jesus Christ your end will be hell. Even if you don't believe in hell, are you really willing to risk your final destination on that? Once there, there is no end to suffering. It is eternal torment. It is mentioned many times in the Bible. Jesus gave us a clear example of someone who is still suffering there today. I'll tell you about him in my next blog.
    It is very easy to get to know this wonderful Savior. John 3:3 says we must be born again. We must admit that we are sinners (Romans 3:10, 23); realize that all we deserve is hell (Romans 6:23) and ask God to forgive us through the shed blood of Jesus for without the shedding of blood there is no remission (forgiveness) of sin (Hebrews 9:22). Romans 10:9, 10 tells us that whoever calls on the name of the Lord shall be saved.
    Won't you call on Him today. Tell him you are sorry for your sins and invite Him to be your Lord and Savior. Your life won't be perfect you will have "a friend who sticks closer than a brother," who is there 24/7 and is never too tired or busy to listen. He wants to be your best friend and closest confidante. Also, He has all the answers to life's problems (found in the Bible). Let me know what you decide. More in next blog.
    Sincerely,
    Aleta Kay







No comments:

Post a Comment